Many of us struggle with our weight every day, but getting rid of that baby fat can be even more complex. While genetics may be part of the reason we struggle with our weight, the main reason is that we fail to include some form of exercise in our daily routines. Physical activity is the main component in losing belly fat along with eating healthy. If you are not used to exercising, find an activity that you enjoy-biking, jogging, or walking. Try to develop a routine. Eating the right foods can be a little tricky at first but it’s possible. There are foods that can help you burn fat more than others. A healthy diet should include foods that are rich in antioxidants, healthy saturated fats, and omega-3 fatty acids. These foods help to build muscle, slow the aging process, and burn fat and adding some physical activity you will be well on your way towards losing that baby fat in no time!
Here are some foods that will help you burn off that baby fat
- Dairy products help make you feel full and lower the urge to want to eat more. Dairy also contains “whey” a protein that helps form lean muscles. Dairy foods include cottage cheese, yogurt, low-fat and fat-free milk
- Whole grains include substances like magnesium and chromium. This help reduces your stress hormone which can sometimes store your fat around your abdomen. Whole grain foods include wild rice, oats, brown rice, and quinoa
- Fiber has been found to decrease the fat build up in the body and fiber is not digested as it goes through your body. Foods that include fiber are fruits, whole grains, oats, veggies, beans, and legumes
- Lean proteins also help to reduce your belly fat because they take longer to digest than substances like carbs. They can also help build muscle. Proteins with the leanest sources include egg whites, fish, Turkey, and chicken breast
- Potassium helps regulate water and keeps it inside the cells. One of the reasons our belly bulges has to do with sodium which tends to cause water to be outside the cells. Foods that are rich in potassium are Orange juice, bananas, spinach, avocado, sweet potatoes, baked potatoes, apricots, yogurt, salmon, and beans
- Unsaturated fats help lower the level of your LDL and make your hormones maintain your balance. Some of these foods include dark chocolate, avocados, flax seed oil, olives, and nuts.
There are other foods that are fast fat burners and can help you lose your baby fat for good and include the following:
- Coconut water or coconut milk is known to improve thyroid function and keeps your blood sugar stabilized. It also helps burn body fat by boosting your metabolism
- Lemon and lime contain citric acid which helps to lose weight and include potassium, vitamin C and P. These nutrients increase your energy level, reduce inflammation, and help detoxify your body.
- Blueberries boost your immune system
- Green tea contains catechins which are substances that burn fat by causing cells to release fats and boost your energy level
- Chia seeds contain polyphenol antioxidants and flavonoids which are an ideal source to burn fat
- Tomatoes are also a citric food that is low in calories and contains vitamin C to burn body fat